Don’t let termites take over! Book an inspection today.
Termites are rampant in Queensland with Gladstone and the wide bay area’s being no exception. These little critters, sometimes called white ants, love to munch on wood and can cause extensive damage to buildings in a surprisingly short amount of time. Buildings that have wooden frames are particularly vulnerable since termite infestation can soon mean structural damage.
For these reasons it’s important to get a Pest Inspection before you purchase a property. Our pest inspection report will alert you to any current or past infestations. All Pest and Termite Eradication can then offer termite eradication, prevention, treatment and rectification works as required. Don’t get caught out! Call us today for a quote.
Signs of Termites
Termites are not out in the open. They like an environment that is humid, dark and protected, which is what makes them very difficult to find – sometimes not until it's too late.
That's why an annual termite inspection is so important. There's no substitute for a qualified and experienced termite management technicians performing a comprehensive termite inspection.
- Hollow or Papery sounding timber - Termites consume timber, they eat from the inside out leaving a thin layer of paint or timber. Taping or knocking on an area that has termite damage, it will sound hollow or papery due to parts of the timber having been eaten away.
- You lean on a wall - or your finger pushes through a window jam. These are some of the common things we hear from our clients as to the first sign of termites. As termites have eaten away the structural integrity of the timber, such as door jams, skirting boards or architraves pressure against them can easily cause damage.
- Damaged cornices - As termites eat away the structural timbers in your walls or roof structure, it causes a loss in structural strength and damage forms. Damage to a dwelling can also be caused by movement. So if you identify cracking or damage to tour wall at least have checks done.
- Termite mud - Termites build mudded tunnels to provide themselves with a closed environment for travel and to protect their food sources. This mudding is often difficult to see as it will be located inside your walls or underground, sometimes the mudding can be seen in your home's brick foundations or in architraves.
Have you seen these signs?
Call All Pest and Termite Eradication immediately on 1300 656 124 or book online to hire a pest management technician today.
- QBCC Builder - Termite Management – Chemical Number 1048753
- QBCC Completed -Termite Management - Physical Number 1048753
- Queensland Health Pest management Technician Licence PMT-O-12670
Annual termite inspections are necessary for early detection of termite ingress to your property and to prevent large scale damage and costly repairs. Inspections also determine the environment that make a home more susceptible to termites and timber pests and suggest ways to minimise the risk of termite ingress. The majority of properties to mainland Australia are at significant risk from termite attack.
The CSIRO recommends a competent pest management technician inspects your home at least on an annual basis and in some cases more frequent depending on your property, how it has been constructed and the environment in which it is located. .
A professional annual termite inspection by All pest and termite eradication is the best protection against termites and timber pests. We can detect termite activity and prevent long term damage to your property.